Friday, December 5, 2008

Fong's Tops



These are two projects that I knitted for Fong sometime ago. The first top is the Brown Ribbons which have cables and slip stitch. The pattern was chosen by Fong from a stitch library. At first I was quite reluctant to knit it because it doesn't look very appealing to me. Since it is her choice, I had no say. So I reluctantly finish it while keeping my fingers crossed. It took me more than a month to knit because it was very tedious. When she came to pick up her top that day, her face was beaming. Phew! What a relief. I am so glad that she like it. She just love cables, the more the better.

Started : 1-10-2008
Finished : 10-11-2008
Yarn : Elann Esprit Coffee Bean
Needles : 4.5 mm
Pattern : Stitch dictionary

The second top is the Olive Tunic. Fong specifically mentioned that she want crochetted edgings, so I crochetted the neckline and cap sleeves. It is an easy and fast to knit project knitted in the round on the body. The pattern for the cap sleeves was taken from a stitch dictionary but with slight modifications. It has less rows and stitches to suit the cap sleeves.

Started : 11-11-2008
Finished : 26-11-2008
Yarn : Elann Sonata Olive
Needles : 4.0 mm
Pattern : Stitch dictionary

No comments: